C/D/E Band Airborne Blade Antenna
900 to 2500 MHz
The 21-40-46 is an extended frequency C/D/E (L-Band) airborne blade antenna designed for supersonic aircraft and covering data link as well as Tacan and IFF frequencies. It is a direct footprint replacement for certain currently used UHF/Lband antennas.
Electrical design is based on a 2-dimensional, shunt-grounded discone which is of high efficiency and provides omnidirectional azimuthal radiation.
Mechanical design uses an advanced, glass-loaded thermoplastic radome with a integral radiating element, all foamed-in-place for structural and environmental integrity.
The blade is built into a contoured aluminum alloy base collar and has a centrally mounted, TNC male coaxial connectors.
Different base configurations can be provided.
- Suitable for Mach 2.5
- Low profile, diamond shaped blade
- Designed to meet MIL-STD-810
- Fully Environmentally sealed
- Base contoured to suit aircraft skinline
- Grounded for lightning protection
- Lossless matching—high RF efficiency
- Omnidirectional radiation pattern
|Frequency||900 - 2500 MHz|
|Gain (average)||+2.5 dBi|
|Impedance (nominal)||50 Ohms|
|Power||200 Watts CW, 2k Watts peak|
|Radiation||Omni-directional in azimuth, similar to stub in elevation|
|Antenna RF Connector||TNC Male|
|Element Height||1.53 inches (38.9mm)|
|Weight||1.66 lbs (0.75kg) including contoured aluminium base|
- Urethane Lusterless Grey
- Other finish options are available.
- Please specify finish required when ordering.