VHF FM/AM Airborne “ WHIP “ Antenna
30 to 156 MHz
The 21-20-47 is a high performance VHF FM/AM communication “whip” antenna designed for use with wide band military radios covering the frequency band 30-156 MHz. The mechanical design utilizes a woven fiber glass/epoxy whip with a multicored internal element such as to maximize efficiency within a high strength/weight ratio structure.
A unique passive matching circuit provides frequency selective loading to minimize losses whilst ensuring correct impedance throughout the band. The whip element is detachable and can be used as an efficient replacement for AS-1703.
- High strength, detachable whip element
- 50 Watt capability
- Efficient passive matching circuits
- Requires no tuning
- Environmental Design to MIL-STD-810
- Suitable for 250 knots airspeed
- Meets requirements of NSN 5985-01-453-4784
- 0 dBi typical average gain through band
|Frequency||30 to 156 MHz|
|Gain (typical)||0 dBi|
|Impedance (nominal)||50 Ohms|
|Polarization||Linear (vertical when vertically mounted)|
|Radiation||Nominally omni directional in azimuth plane|
|Antenna RF Connector||BNC Female|
|Construction||Fiberglass whip/Aluminum base|
|Height||58 inches (1473mm)|
|Weight||1.5 lb (0.7kg)|
|Base Plate Shape||Tear drop|
|Fixing Holes||4 x Ø 0.206 inches (5.2mm) holes|
- Urethane Olive Drab paint
- Other finish options are available.
- Please specify finish required when ordering.