VHF/FM Airborne Antenna
135 to 175 MHz
The 21-20-38/03 is an externally mounted airborne VHF/FM antenna operating over the VHF/FM and Sonobuoy bands of 135-175 MHz.
A fiberglass rod with an internal bent stainless steel element is fitted into an aluminum base which contains foamed-in place matching circuits capable of handling up to 50 Watts power.
The method of construction provides protection from world-wide military environmental conditions including high vibration, shock and temperature variations.
- Covers high VHF/FM and Sonobuoy Bands
- Lightweight and Low Profile
- Only 9.5” stand off height
- For helicopter and fixed wing aircraft up to 250 Knots
- Glass/Epoxy –Aluminum construction
- Small footprint
- Designed to MIL-STD-810 Environmental Conditions
|Frequency||135 - 175 MHz|
|Gain (typical)||0 dBi|
|Impedance (nominal)||50 Ohms|
|Polarization||Linear (vertical when vertically mounted)|
|Radiation||Nominally omni directional in azimuth plane|
|Antenna RF Connector||TNC Female|
|Construction||Fibreglass encased stainless steel whip Aluminum base|
|Height||9.5 inches (241 mm)|
|Weight||0.6 lbs (0.27 kg)|
|Base Plate Shape||Tear drop|
|Fixing Holes||4 x Ø 0.170 inches (4.3mm) ±0.005 inches (0.127mm) holes, counter sunk at 100° Ø 0.280 inches (7.1mm).|
- Urethane Gloss White
- Other finish options are available.
- Please specify finish required when ordering.