UHF/L-Band Airborne Blade Antenna
225 to 450 MHz & 960 to 1220 MHz
The 21-50-16-1 is a high performance combined UHF/L-band airborne blade antenna suitable for subsonic and supersonic aircraft. It also is ideal for use on aircraft subjected to rough-runway operation where both a metal leading edge capping and the solid aluminum alloy base block protect against debris impact.
Construction is from a one piece glass loaded thermoplastic blade molding intimately bonded into an aluminum alloy base block which houses the matching circuits and provides for very solid attachment to airframe via 6 fixing holes drilled to the same pattern as the AT-256 UHF antenna.
Integral radiating elements are shaped in such a way as to produce minimum VSWR in both UHF and L-band and also to optimize radiation pattern at L-band where the antenna would otherwise be electrically too long.
The antenna assembly is sealed by closed cell foam and finished in lusterless grey urethane paint.
The 21-50-16-1 can be used with CAL diplexer P/N 21-80-16-1.
- Covers EPLRS/UHF Com and TACAN/IFF/LINK16
- High Isolation provided by external diplexer
- High Strength Composite Blade with Aluminum Alloy Base
- Low Side Area, Low Drag
- Polyurethane leading edge protection
- Single ‘N’ Type Connector
- Drop-on replacement for AT-256, NSN’s 5985-01- 418-6105 and 5985-01-331-8710 Environmental Performance to MIL-STD-810
|Frequency||UHF : 225 to 450 MHz|
UHF : ≥ 0 dBi
L-Band : ≥ 0 dBi
225-240 MHz ≤ 2.5:1
240-450 MHz ≤ 2.0:1
960-1220 MHz ≤ 1.8:1
|Impedance (nominal)||50 Ohms|
|Power||UHF : 100 Watts CW|
|Radiation Pattern||Omni directional in azimuth|
|Antenna RF Connector||N Female|
|Antenna Shell Type||Glass loaded thermoplastic blade in aluminum alloy base collar|
|Height||7.95 inches (202mm)|
|Weight||1 lb (0.45kg)|
|Side Loading||≥ 8 psi ultimate|
|Base Plate Shape||Diamond shape|
|Fixing Holes||6 x Ø 0.205inch (5.2mm) holes, counter bored Ø 0.39 inches (9.9mm)|
- Urethane Lusterless Gtrey
- Other finish options are available.
- Please specify finish required when ordering.