Quadrifilar Helix Antenna
2.0 to 2.5 GHz
The 21-40-60 is a small diameter airborne quadrifilar helix antenna, principally intended for data link applications where its design geometry provides excellent radiation coverage.
Designed as a quadrifilar helix, the antenna uses a lightweight fiberglass body with foamed-in-place feed network and printed circuit radiating element. The element is designed to provide wide angle coverage, including at low angles of elevation, over its frequency band and is designed to operate relatively independently of the ground plane on which it is mounted.
The antenna is secured to the airframe by four 4mm or similar screws.
- Small profile
- Designed to MIL-STD-810 environmental requirements
- Fully environmentally sealed
- Gain optimized over 2.4 - 2.5 GHz
- Radiation pattern relatively independent of ground plane
- Excellent low angle coverage
|Frequency||2.0 GHz to 2.5 GHz|
|Gain (typical)||+3 dBiC. Maintains ≥0 dBiC from 10° to 90° elevation|
|Impedance (nominal)||50 Ohms|
|Power||30 Watts max|
|Polarization||Right hand circular|
|Radiation||Omni directional in azimuth (beam max. at approx. 40° elevation)|
|Antenna RF Connector||TNC Female|
|Operational Temperature||-54°C to +70°C|
|Height||6.1 inches (155mm)|
|Weight||0.55 lbs (0.25kg)|
|Diameter of fixing plate||2.8 inches (71mm)|
|Fixing Holes||4 x Ø 0.165 inches (4.2mm)|
- Urethane Lusterless Black
- Other finish options are available.
- Please specify finish required when ordering.