Extended Range L-Band (C/D-Band) Conformal Antenna
960 - 2000 MHz
The 21-40-41 is a conformal annular slot providing extended L-band coverage to cover IFF/TACAN/MIDS and data link frequencies up to 2 GHz. It is designed as a drop on replacement for current TACAN/IFF antennas fitted to certain aircraft.
The antenna is produced as a machined aluminum alloy ‘dish’ with a high temperature glass epoxy radome covering the annular slot. The antenna is fully sealed and all internal cavities are filled with closed cell foam to prevent long term moisture ingress
- Drop-on replacement for current TACAN/IFF antennas
- Zero drag, fully conformal design
- Suitable for Mach 2.5+
- Exceptional gain and patterns throughout frequency band
- High power 2kW Peak, 200 CW
- Designed to MIL-STD-810 environmentall
- Fully sealed design
|Frequency||960 - 2000 MHz|
|Gain (typical at Beam maximum)||+2.5 dBi average full band|
≤ 2.0:1 max (960-1500 MHz)
≤ 2.5:1 max (1500-2000 MHz)
|Impedance (nominal)||50 Ohms|
|Power||2KW Peak, 200 Watts CW|
|Radiation||Omni-directional in azimuth, similar to λ/4 monopole in elevation.|
|Antenna RF Connector||HN Female|
|Overall Height||Conformal Antenna 0.18 inches flange thickness 1.625 inches below A/C skin|
|Weight||1.4 lbs approx|
- Grey Urethane to MIL-PRF-85285 #36270
- Other finish options are available.
- Please specify finish required when ordering.