TFlex 402 ® Low PIM Phase Stable Cable
TFlex employs a thin helical wrap of silver plated copper tape and overall braid sized such that standard solder-on connectors can be used.
TFlex was developed 10 years ago and have been widely adopted by the commercial and military OEM’s.
Some of the key characteristics of TFlex are:
- Passive Intermod – typically > -150dBc (2x 20 watt carriers)
- Shielding Effectiveness – comparable to standard semirigid and like semirigid is beyond measurable limits.
- Small/Lightweight – same size but lighter weight than standard CL semirigid coax.
- Phase Stable – the helical tape outer conductor minimizes electrical length change with temperature to yield substantial improvement over equivalent size flexible cables.
- Low Loss – can achieve loss comparable to standard CL semirigid coax.
- Attenuation Stability – silver plated outer conductor prevents oxidation of the conductors thereby minimizing attenuation change vs time.
- Power Handling – comparable to standard CL semirigid.
- Corrosion Resistance – jacketing of the cable with FEP provides excellent protection when cable is deployed in a corrosive environment.
- Formability – the flexible nature of TFlex eliminates the need for hand or precision machine bending. TFlex is preterminated in it’s approximate desired length and just ‘plugged in’ using the most convenient/desirable routing.
- Connectors (solder-on) – are available from a variety of sources to fit standard semirigid coax and TFlex.
Features & Benefits
- Meets all MIL-C-17 Requirements
- Excellent Shielding Effectiveness
- Low Passive Intermod (PIM)
- Stable Loss, Phase, & VSWR vs Flexing
- Uses Standard Solder-on Semirigid Connectors
|Brand||Times Microwave Systems|
|Unit Of Measure||M|
|Velocity of Propagation||%||69.5|
|Center Conductor||ohms/1000ft (/km)||8.0||(26.2)|
|Min Bend Radius||in. (mm)||0.250||(6.4)|
|Shields||SC tape & Braid||0.141||(3.58)|